Monday, May 17, 2010

IF HIPGNOSIS WERE RUN BY SIX-YEAR-OLDS


– No, I can’t say I was expecting good taste from a band called Cattle Decapitation and an album called Humanure, but still, this loose (bowel) take on Pink Floyd’s Atom Heart Mother is some fucked up shit, literally. But there’s been a movie called Monsturd (seriously, IMDB that shit), and plush Mr. Hanky dolls litter the bargain bins of Hot Topic. And need I even mention “two girls and a cup?” So yeah, shit does sell. But take it from me, would-be metalheads, if you really wanna make your mark in the land of shock rock, how about starting with a logo that people can actually fucking read? This band might be called Cattle Decapitation. But they could also be Gaitleck Pecafilafiopt. Or Gallet Recapacitator. Or Detlef Schrempf. Personally, I would’ve picked a name that better fits with the whole concept of shit. Like the Small Feces. Or Dungen. Or John Mayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment